** Please note: inspections are by appointment only. Call today to arrange an inspection so you don't miss out.
Circa 1885 this Late Victorian Gem, one of just eight homes in Orange of the "Victorian Italianate" style, is being offered to the market for the first time in over fifty years. Arguably one of the best locations Orange has to offer, just a short stroll to Cook Park, café's, Duntryleague, and the centre of town this beautiful home has a lot to offer.
Upon entry the grand hallway welcomes you to the over-sized bedrooms featuring original marble fire places and eleven foot ceilings with magnificent cornice and ceiling roses. This home is the perfect example of workmanship from yesteryear, if only these walls could talk.
At the end of the hallway you will find the spacious combined living and dining room complete with a gas log fire. The kitchen is located at the back of the home and includes both an electric and slow combustion cooking stove which provides a warm comfort.
Generous in size and proportion you will find happiness for the whole family. The cottage garden is exquisite and has been meticulously cared for, there is also easy access to the tandem garage with plenty of storage space. There is opportunity to create a beautiful addition at the back of the home which is in your hands.
Properties like these are a once in a lifetime opportunity and really are seldom found. From the location to the rare historic architecture, the holding and what's on offer with the floor plan inside this is a truly special home, it really would be a pleasure to own.
What the owners love are the tall ceilings that make you feel like you're living in a grand hotel, surrounded by the beautiful features that have been kept so true to original.
Other features include;
- Four fire places (two kept to original, one replaced with a gas log fire and one with an oil heater)
- Huge walk through butler's pantry/utility room
- Enclosed east facing side verandah could be used as a study, sewing room or sitting room
- Hung sash timber windows throughout the bedrooms
- New double glazed windows in living room and kitchen
- Bathroom with vanity and shower over bath
- Second shower and toilet off the laundry
- Large Linen Cupboard
- Original pull chord light switches
- Over-sized laundry with lots of storage
- Rear patio covered by ornamental grape, perfect for the Summer months
Close to Transport
Close to Shops
Open Fire Place
Close to Schools
Roller Door Access