This contemporary, architect-designed passive solar house is situated on approximately 2.5 manageable acres and features extended rural views to the north from the main living areas.
Light-filled, it offers plenty of space and comfort while surrounded by established, low maintenance gardens, setting the new owners up for an idyllic country lifestyle just 10 minutes from the heart of Orange CBD and only 4 minutes to the Orange Anglian Grammar School.
The passive solar design home was designed with a strong focus on capturing natural light and constructed using high-insulating materials throughout, ensuring all-year-round comfort. Double glazed windows and a solar system also contribute to reducing the heating and cooling costs.
Comprising four generous bedrooms, the master bedroom features an ensuite, walk-in robe and a private north-facing courtyard, perfect as a parents retreat area. The three remaining bedrooms share the central bathroom, along with a separate guest powder room. All rooms have built-in robes, and there is ample storage and cupboard space throughout, including a double garage and further external storage.
The central open plan family room and dining room feature a striking cathedral pitch ceiling, allowing the full-length windows to stream in the winter sun. There is also a separate formal lounge room featuring a double fireplace from the main living area, along with double doors leading to a north-facing paved area. The lovely alfresco entertaining area is large enough to accommodate family and friends with rural views stretching out towards Mt Canobolas and the surrounding hills.
Other features include:
- Solar Passive design with double glazed windows throughout
- High energy efficient Hebel blocks (cool in summer, warm in winter)
- North facing, light-filled living areas with high pitch ceilings
- Split air conditioning and double-sided fireplace
- Underfloor heating in bathrooms
- Established, low maintenance native gardens and orchard, including plums, apricots, apples, cherries, mulberry, raspberries and fig
- Town water and 100,000-litre water tank storage
- 1.7kw solar PV and solar hot water
This truly peaceful property is a great place to raise a family or to indulge in a laid back, serene country lifestyle. With rural views from almost every room, this property should be seen to fully appreciate the balance between the light and space it manages to create.